Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Friday, December 28, 2012

Papermache Masks-- 3rd and 4th grade


This is an art project that I repeat every year, because it is such a great process for the kids... starting with an initial sketched idea, building an armature, applying paper mache, painting and adding embellishments.  I tie this lesson to the Pacific Northwest Coast masks.

You can see masks from previous years here and the process photos here.
 




Thank you if you voted for me in the Art Ed blog of the year contest!  While I did not place in the top ten, I was honored just to be in the running.  Thanks for reading my blog and interacting with me!

I'm on Twitter now! What will I say? Maybe I will share more fun things I come across on the internet.   Join me!

 

1 comment:

Leovi said...

Beautiful and very sweet compositions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails