Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Glass Fusing

The fourth-sixth graders made these glass fused pendants.  We are gluing the "bails" on the back to make necklaces.  The kids are going to give these as holiday gifts to a family member or friend.  They each made two pendants.  

This is the first time I have done fused glass with kids.  I used the how-to guides from the System 96 website and ordered the glass from Delphi glass.  

Have you done fused glass in your kiln before?  If so, I have some questions to ask you and maybe you can help me troubleshoot a bit.  Let me know and we can connect!

Some of the pendants turned out wonderfully (as I expected) and some of them did not seem to melt evenly.  They are still beautiful and the kids are proud of their work, but I am wondering if anyone has any insights.  













1 comment:

Mrs. Impey said...

Yes I have done glass art! Last year I bought a small Skutt Hot Start Glass Kiln and I also have two microwave kilns. I've done a few posts on my blog about fusing and slumping glass: http://www.artroom104.blogspot.com/search/label/glass%20kiln.

I'm not an expert by far, but maybe I can answer your questions...Did you use your ceramic kiln or do you have a kiln specifically for glass?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails