** Art is Basic has moved! ** Please visit www.ArtisBasic.com for new art projects and content. See you there! If you subscribe via Google Reader, the new content will be automatically redirected.
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Here is an easy, no-sew snowman that my after school art class is going to make. I'm so excited to try it with the kids and of course I will post pictures to show you their results.
1. Gather supplies: rubberband, fabric scissors, white tube sock, colorful infant sock, stuffing, rice, buttons, felt and ribbon.
2. Cut off the top of the tube sock. Experiment to see what works best for you.
3. Drop a large handful of dry rice down the sock. This will help weight the snowman and allow it to stand up.
4. Next, stuff it full of stuffing.
5. Tie a rubber band around the neck. Tie a rubber band to top off the head.
6. Next, take a colorful infant sock and stick it on the top for a stocking hat.
7. Use Elmer's glue or hotglue to glue on buttons, felt facial features and so forth.
8. Tie a colorful ribbon around the neck for a scarf. This will cover up the ugly rubberband as well.
9. Add any other embellishments you wish! Ta Da!!! Snowman!