Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Circular Weaving

The 2nd graders made circular weavings this week.  Some are still finishing up.  They are like the ones we made at the weaving camp I taught. 





Here is the big jumble of yarn that I have in one of the boxes.  I just put this out and the kids pulled out the yarn they wanted from the jumble.  I hate to waste yarn (or any art supplies) and this tangle of yarn is a tad bit overwhelming to untangle.  They did a great job putting together colors to make interesting patterns. 






3 comments:

Pamela Black said...

I love these! The feathers add a nice touch. My yarn box looks like that too!

jessica Johnston said...

do you cut off the excess cardboard or just let it show. I never know what to do with the excess. As the weaving goes along all the yarn seems to bunch up. jessica-smartypantsjohnston.blogspot.com

Marcia Beckett said...

Jessica, Hey! I just leave them on the nice white circles. We tried taking the off before and the yarn does bunch up quite a bit. That's why we add the feathers for some extra pizazz.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails