Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Work from my own little studio





 The background is painted with watercolor paints.  I cut out circles from magazines and from photocopies of my own artwork.  Then I glued them to the paper and doodled around them and on top of them with Prismacolor Markers and Paint Markers.  The background is map-like with the blue and green (water and land).  I was reading a book called "You are Here:  Personal Geographies and Other Maps of the Imagination" You Are Here: Personal Geographies and Other Maps of the Imagination  which intrigued me. 

5 comments:

Christie - Fine Lines said...

This is pretty cool!!

Carmen said...

all of these little layers and additions make it super fabulous
great job!

Phyl said...

Wonderful - very intriguing and love the rich colors!

shar said...

I really love this. Particularly the way the colours work together. Thank you for sharing.

Theresa Plas said...

Really like this one! Isn't it interesting where inspiration comes from?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails