Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Third Grade Silhouettes






We looked at the silhouette portraits of the early Americans as well as the paper cuttings of Hans Christian Anderson.  The students drew with white colored pencil on their black paper, and then cut out their designs.  Then, they flipped these over and glued them onto white paper (thus hiding any remaining white pencil lines.)  This book below is a must-see for this project!  We also looked at a book by Dr. Suess which features awesome silhouettes!!  I happened to stumble across this book in a thrift store when I was looking for books for my baby.  The copy I have is a tiny book, so I enlarged the pictures on a color copier to show my students.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails