Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Dot

Grade K learned about the most very basic marks in art... DOTS and CIRCLES.  The class read the book The Dot, by Peter Reynolds.

They also looked at a slide show of artwork that uses dots.  These are some examples:

Aboriginal Art made in Australia











Georges Seurat and his Pointillist technique



 







The Kindergartners made a picture using dots and circles as design elements.  They focused on drawing circles, cutting and gluing circles and overlapping.  The students got their first experience in art class with using paints properly.






9 comments:

Barbara's Thought of the Day said...

love it!

Christie - Fine Lines said...

These are really nice -- so appropriate for beginning artists!!

Shannon Maynard said...

These are great!! I am always looking for Kindergarten ideas.
Thanks so much for sharing!!! Can't wait to try!!!!

Unknown said...

GREAT IDEA:) Love you you connected the dots for younger artists haha okay my stupid jokes are done for the day.

Unknown said...

My granddaughter just told me about the book, 'The Dot' last week. Her AP English teacher read this to her class. They also had to create a picture using dots and circles. You are nevertoo old for picture books.

Richard C. Lambert said...

I don't update this blog thing as much as I should, but I had to throw this up. I finished Bioshock Infinite recently and it was an instant favorite...had to make a tribute that summed up how I felt about such an incredible game.bestselling art

Assignment Help said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting.
Assignment Writing Service

buy legit marijuana online said...

did you know buy weed online is the most trusted online dispensary. in addition, buy weed online legit offer weed at a cheap cost and
cheap ammo sell ammo online fast and really cheap

Unknown said...


legit online dispensary shipping worldwide
legit online dispensaries ship all 50 states

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails