Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Making Pendants

Making jewelry is one of the hobbies I enjoy.  When people ask me what kind of art I do on my own, I have a hard time saying what I do... I love photography, jewelry making, collages, drawing, watercolor, clay.  I dabble in a little bit of everything.  So, my mother-in-law and I went to a craft show in Madison this weekend and we want to start selling some crafts.  She is thinking about sewing some kids' capes for boys and she already makes these lovely pillows made from upholstery samples.  I was thinking about making some pendants and some mixed media collages or photography to sell.  I like to make pendants out of clay or glass gems.  I also make some dangly, jingly charm necklaces.   It would be really fun to do, but I'm worried about recouping the costs of the table and so forth.  So last night I started to wire wrap some of the glass gems I made earlier.  Here are some of them.






Two of my favorite jewelry-making books are: Custom Cool Jewelry 
Custom Cool Jewelry: Create 200+ Personalized Pendants, Charms, and Clasps 
and The Impatient Beader
The Impatient Beader
Both of these have techniques that are not too overwhelming for the beginner, plus plenty of eye candy.

1 comment:

Navi said...

Hey,
thanks for this blog post. Your handmade pendants are very beautiful. Try out our new collection of wholesale silver pendants for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails