Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Turkeys!

Turkeys!
I found this lesson on Mrs. Art Teacher's blog:  http://applesloveorangespdx.blogspot.com/search/label/turkey  Thanks for the fun idea!!

I don't normally do crafty-type projects with my art classes, but these were so cute.  At the beginning of the year, the kindergartners need a lot of practice cutting, so this project helped with that skill.

1.  I had predrawn various sized circles and then photocopied them onto construction paper.
2.  The children chose 5 circles and cut them out.  I passed them out one at a time so they wouldn't get any duplicate circles.  They could choose from a variety of colors for each circle.
3.  Glue circles on top of each other.
4.  Cut out pre-drawn turkey heads.  These were photocopied onto brown construction paper.
5. Kids could then draw eyes, add beak, and other details.  Glue on feathers.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails