Art is Basic has moved!

Art is Basic has moved!
Visit my new blog location by clicking on the Art is Basic logo.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Clay Hearts

Easy Clay Hearts for Kindergarten

This project teaches how to roll coils and basic glazing techniques.

(I found this idea in an art teacher magazine.. it was either Arts and Activities or School Arts from about 10 years ago or more.  Forgive me for not knowing the exact issue.  Sometimes I see ideas and then they are put in my "vault" of ideas in the back of my mind.)

1.  Step one, Demonstrate rolling coils.
2.  Form the coils on a pre-drawn heart handout.  Press firmly to adhere together.  A little bit of water may be added as needed.
3.  Teacher pokes hole through top.
4.  After firing, glaze with clay glazes.  Limit the color choices for the little ones.
5.  Tie yarn and raffia through the hole.  Voila!  A nice little ornament or wall hanging for mom or Grandma.




2 comments:

Mr. E said...

I really like these. I do texture necklaces with my K...but it might be fun to change up the shape next year!!

Shelley Whiting said...

Cool hearts. I love the textures. Interesting glazes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails