Easy Clay Hearts for Kindergarten
This project teaches how to roll coils and basic glazing techniques.
(I found this idea in an art teacher magazine.. it was either Arts and Activities or School Arts from about 10 years ago or more. Forgive me for not knowing the exact issue. Sometimes I see ideas and then they are put in my "vault" of ideas in the back of my mind.)
1. Step one, Demonstrate rolling coils.
2. Form the coils on a pre-drawn heart handout. Press firmly to adhere together. A little bit of water may be added as needed.
3. Teacher pokes hole through top.
4. After firing, glaze with clay glazes. Limit the color choices for the little ones.
5. Tie yarn and raffia through the hole. Voila! A nice little ornament or wall hanging for mom or Grandma.