I found this lesson on Mrs. Art Teacher's blog: http://applesloveorangespdx.blogspot.com/search/label/turkey Thanks for the fun idea!!
I don't normally do crafty-type projects with my art classes, but these were so cute. At the beginning of the year, the kindergartners need a lot of practice cutting, so this project helped with that skill.
1. I had predrawn various sized circles and then photocopied them onto construction paper.
2. The children chose 5 circles and cut them out. I passed them out one at a time so they wouldn't get any duplicate circles. They could choose from a variety of colors for each circle.
3. Glue circles on top of each other.
4. Cut out pre-drawn turkey heads. These were photocopied onto brown construction paper.
5. Kids could then draw eyes, add beak, and other details. Glue on feathers.