Pages

▼

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Scrap Faces

To connect with the Science, the Primaries are learning about how artists can use recycled and cast off materials to make art.  We are watching a video about an artist who goes to the scrap and junkyard to find art materials.  We are making our own mask made out of scraps:  bottle caps, wood pieces, plastic parts.  Reading Rainbow Stay Away From the Junkyard 




hilarious!  We used these donated medicine lids.




5 comments:

  1. So cool! Reminds me of My Best Friend is as Sharp as a Pencil the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, very cool recycling. Great job.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check out that book, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! Love the medicine lids. I too get random stuff donated sometimes! I once got two huge boxes each full of 200 or so purple disposable medical scrubs. When the kids wore them, my room looked like a Barney episode gone wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie, I'd love to see a picture of the purple clothed kids. :)

    ReplyDelete